Materials, Product Care & Size Guide
Trine Tuxen Jewelry works solely in precious metals, such as 925 sterling silver, 14K goldplating, 14K solid gold, 18k solid gold and brass. All is nickel free. All items are treated with an anti tarnish layer, to help keep the silver from oxidising. This layer will fade with time, because of usage, contact with clothes, hard surfaces, hand sanitizer, sweat, perfume, hairspray, air pollution and others. Goldplating is made with 14K, 2-3 micons. Due to the natural variation of individual body chemistry and its affect on plating wear, life-span expectancies of plating will vary. Please note that a fade of goldplating is therefore not considered a complaint. We will gladly have your piece(s) re-plated, for a reasonable price, depending on the size of the item.
Please note that many of our styles are organically shaped. More dirt and oxidation can occur in these styles, so please note that styles like these needs more cleaning.
All diamonds are Top Wesselton VVS / Wesselton VS
Other precious and semi precious stones are all handpicked by Trine Tuxen to ensure best quality and colour.
Protecting ones jewelry - makes them last longer, here are some tips
· Do not wash your 'dirty' hands wearing your rings.
· Always remove your jewelry when showering, going for a dip in the swimming pool, jacuzzi, sauna/steam room or while bathing or showering. In general avoid direct contact with water.
· Please do your beauty routine first - then add your jewelry. Avoid direct contact with products that can affect and damage your jewelry, like - soap, hans sanitizer, perfume, oils and moisturizer. Splash your favorite perfume on your skin, preferably on your clothes. Make-up, perfume and hairspray all contain chemicals, which may dull the finish of your jewelry.
· Store your jewelry in a safe place. Keep your jewelry in a dry space – not to store them in your bathroom where steam and wet areas can effect them. Leave your jewelry on your nightstand before your beauty sleep. You simply sleep better – and you protect the jewelry from loosing its original shape.
· To avoid oxidation please obtain your valued items in a sealed plastic bag – silver is a living material and will as any other living material change over time. When you obtain your jewelry in the sealed plastic bag provided, you will prevent the material from oxidizing. Make sure your jewelry is stored in the bags separately, to prevent any scratches on the delicate surface. We always make sure to place these little wonder bags, underneath the foam insert inside your jewelry box.
· Goldplating is unfortunately not ever lasting – and also very individual due to a bodys content of acid. But don’t panic – We can easily help you get your goldplating refreshed for a small fee. Please contact us on our customer care mail or at the Flagship store – we’re here to help you. The price depends on the size and surface of the item and you can expect a delivery time on 2-4 weeks, from the day you hand in your item(s).
· Give your jewelry a bath - and by that we don’t refer to a normal shower - but a special silver clean bath which can be used for both silver and goldplated jewelry, Air dry and then as an extra treat use our anti-tarnish cloth to make an extra shiny surface. Our bath equipment is available online or at our stores.
· Remove jewelry when doing your household tasks. Avoid impact with hard surfaces as much as possible. Chlorine, chemical products, abrasive products and detergents can all cause tarnishing and damage to your jewelry - so be smart before cleaning.
· Coil chains gently to prevent damage in storage.
· Please be gentle with opening/closing your earrings and chains. Don’t yank or pull chains or earrings, the products are ”soft” precious material and can therefor break. The hair pieces are made in brass with goldplating. Don’t pull on the clip to open it – Simply slide it on to keep the clip firm.
Take care of yourself and the things that are precious to you – Love from Trine
Finding the right ring size without trying the ring on can be difficult! However, we have some tips on how you figure out your own ring size - you just need another ring that fits you.
To measure your ring size, use a ruler to measure the diameter of the ring on the inside.
Ring inside diameter (mm)